Tuesday, January 17, 2006

itunes - Today it happened

No, I'm sorry, this will unfortunately not be a review of itunes - it would take me days to review an almost perfect app, but... today it happened - I bought a title at itunes I didn't wanted to buy. =:-0 So how could this happen and why should it be interesting? Let's see.

I wanted to buy an album which I already dropped in my shopping cart weeks ago. So all I had to do was clicking the "Buy Album" button. But instead of this I hit the "Buy Title" button below the title I wanted to buy. Hm. The confirmation dialog popped up where I entered my password (I do not select the "Remember my Password" option). The only thing I missed was the next confirmation box "Are you sure you want to buy...". But anyway, after I entered my password I went away.

After coming backing to my computer I opened the Purchases section and looked for the album... Nothing. What happened?! The first question that appeared in my head was, "Did they charge my credit card?" Okay, I trust Apple, so I started over with my daily work and after a while I forgot the whole thing.

Sometimes later in the evening I discovered the mistake. There was a new song under Purchases I could not remember buying. So I started to take a closer look at itunes purchase process.

  • Per default the Price column is on the last position, where it is quite difficult to follow the line from Title to the button "Buy Album". iTunes offers the opportunity to move this column - but not to the first position (before the title), where I think it could be placed.

  • The second point is that iTunes does not open a confirmation dialog ("Are you sure ...") when you buy only a title. That's confusing for me because I always expect a confirmation dialog if I spend money.

  • And I think that maybe the font in general could be a little bit bigger and the lines higher.
Well to be honest it's real fun to review such a cool tool as iTunes and I think it could be worth to write a review about it. But as you see there not much movement from my side on this blog, because it is so time intensive to write a high quality review, especially for bigger applications.

"So please be gentle I'm still learning..." :) and please write some comments, because it makes much more fun to hear what others think about ones own work. Thanks in advance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home